Sunday, December 05, 2004

Am I Antara's boyfriend?

Strange that I should be asked this question today, but funny as well.
No, I am not Antara’s boyfriend, though I have been accused (wrongfully, alas!) of being so for about nine years now. The S in question in her blog is, incredibly, another person she knows whose name starts with S. Who is he, you ask? If I told you that, me lads, I’d have to kill you. Go read Antara’s blog, where she tells you herself, if you want to know.
What does he do? Well, this, strangely enough, I AM in a position to tell you, owing to a concatentation(?) of circumstances. And so, I will.
This is what S does.
He develops recombinant, replication deficient Adenoviruses as a vector for immunization in malaria and tuberculosis. He constructs plasmids, maintains cell lines and prepares recombinant Adenoviruses. Not content with this, he also explores the role of the promoter in the immunogenicity of different Adenoviral constructs and vector backbones. That must be enough for one man, you think? Nope. He has set up a Virus neutralization assay to test neutralization of Adenovirus by Adenovirus vectors expressing Green Fluorescent protein in a plaque reduction assay. And try this one on your bazooa, E. Jimpson Murgatroyd, he’s also testing these recombinant adenoviruses in mice as part of different prime-boost immunization regimens along with other viral vectors like Modified Vaccinia Ankara and Fowl pox.
I cant wait to meet him.

7 Comments:

Blogger Buchu said...

but i still wuvvv u too....muah muah.

8:25 AM  
Blogger boscoari said...

wow samit, am really impressed with your molecular biology stuff...if i am not wrong u had cut off all links with biology after std X at DBPC...just gives me enuf boost to get back to my proposal which is teeming with all such molecular biology fundas.....

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jabberwock said...

Weren't you, like, six years old nine years ago??

10:50 PM  
Blogger eM said...

Aha, Mr Basu, methinks I have stumbled upon your blog! Good going with the nomination for the Hutch Crossword Book Awards btw...
signed
Three Guesses :)

1:54 AM  
Blogger Amardeep said...

Basu and buchu,
sitting in a tree...

[Fill in rest of nursery rhyme]

8:05 PM  
Blogger samit said...

glad to see everyones having fun, but i have many questions.
what awards? what nomination?
amardeep, im touched. i will link to your blog at once.
jai, i am very old. nine years ago i was almost sixteen.
arijit, i have no clue what youre talking about. i know zilch about molecular biology. this post was a cutpaste job

10:15 AM  
Blogger Jabberwock said...

ALMOST 16! Awww...sho shweet! A tear glides down my wrinkled cheek as I remember the distant year when I could say "I'm almost 16", and with a note of pride in my uncracked voice.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home